Box breathing is a very powerful technique that massively changes your body’s chemistry and your physiology. It’s most helpful in high stress, pressure, or anxiety situations. But it’s very helpful in any circumstance or emotional state!
1. Start by slowly expelling all the breath out of your lungs
2. Slowly take 5 seconds to breath in, controlling the speed as much as possible
3. Hold that breath for 5 seconds
4. Slowly start exhaling carefully, taking 5 seconds to do so
5. Once your lungs are empty, hold there for 5 seconds
6. Repeat the cycle
Generally I only have to complete 2-3 cycles (which takes less than a minute) to radically change my state!
Here’s what the process looks like in a picture: